Terms & conditions
Thank you for visiting rubyshoo.com (the website). These general terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") are applicable on all purchases on this website. This website is operated by G.H. Warner Footwear plc, a public limited company incorporated under the laws of the UK, with its main offices at Mercury House, Lea Road, Waltham Abbey, Essex EN9 1AT, registered at Companies House, UK under registration number 1169658 with VAT No. 504 6468 50. G.H. Warner Footwear plc is a subsidiary of Warndell Investments plc located at Mercury House, Lea Road, Waltham Abbey, Essex EN9 1AT (hereinafter collectively: "rubyshoo.com") The terms rubyshoo.com, "we", "us" and "our" when used in these Terms and Conditions means rubyshoo.com and its subsidiaries, divisions, branches, affiliates or companies under common ownership or control of rubyshoo.com. The terms "you" and "your" when used in these Terms and Conditions means any person purchasing products on / through this website.
Purchasing of products on this website is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and to these Terms and Conditions. You accept, without limitation or qualification, these Terms and Conditions, which form a legally binding agreement between you and rubyshoo.com, when the first of the following occurs: (a) you order goods through this website; (b) you pay for the ordered goods; (c) you have received delivery of the whole or any part of the ordered goods; or (d) you have otherwise assented to these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree, please exit this Website. These Terms and Conditions may be changed by us from time to time without specific notice to you. The latest Terms and Conditions will be posted on the Website, and you should always review these Terms and Conditions prior to using the Website to ensure that you have a current understanding of the Terms and Conditions under which you are permitted to access this Website. If you cannot access the Terms and Conditions via the Internet, we can provide a copy of the most recent Terms and Conditions by e-mail upon request. Please e-mail us at email@example.com.
This Website is a business and commercial site. As such, it is not intended for children or minors under the age of 18 years without the permission of a parent or guardian. In addition, you must be at least 18 years of age to make a purchase on this Website.
General Ordering Information
Orders can be placed any time, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We can only fulfill an order if the delivery address is a home or office address in one of the countries we ship to. Please see the link on this Website to Frequently Asked Questions ("FAQs") for a list of countries where we ship to. An order is placed once you click the ‘proceed to checkout’ button on the "Shopping Cart" page in the ordering process. By clicking the ‘place order’ button, your order is sent to us as displayed. Once we have received your order, an automated confirmation of receipt will be sent to the e-mail address specified by you in the ordering process. The e-mail will contain your order number and the details of your purchase. The purchase agreement has now been completed. We reserve the right to refuse your order or to cancel the purchase agreement. When you send us your order, we may run certain checks on it before the order is fulfilled. These checks may include verifying your address and creditworthiness. By submitting your order, you agree to this.
The prices for the products displayed on the Website are inclusive of Value Added Tax (V.A.T.). On adding a product to your shopping cart, V.A.T. at the current rate in the UK, will be added to the amount of your purchase. Shipping costs are applied per order. The exact shipping costs depend on the country to which your order is shipped. For details on the rates per country please see the link on this Website to the FAQs page. The prices displayed on the Website are subject to change. We reserve the right to change prices at all times and without notice. The prices displayed on the Website at any moment are only valid at that moment. Although the Website is composed with care, it may happen that the pricing information on the Website contains errors. We are not bound by our offer and we reserve the right to cancel your purchase in the event of spelling, pricing, or other errors in the website information.
Right to Refuse Order and Cancel Purchase
We reserve the right, for whatever reason, to refuse any order or to cancel any purchase. Some of the situations in which we may do so are: (a) the product(s) is (are) not available and/or not in stock; (b) your billing information is not correct or not verifiable; (c) your payment is not confirmed/authorized by our automated payment confirmation service; (d) the displayed price of the product(s) was incorrect; or (e) we could not deliver at the address provided by you.
Products should be checked upon delivery. If it appears that the products, at the time of delivery, are damaged, do not accept the shipment. We will refund the purchase price and all shipping costs as soon as we have processed your return. If, after you have accepted delivery, you are not happy with what you ordered and wish to return the products, you may do so within 30 days from your order date, as long as (a) the products are unwashed and not used in any way; (b) the products are in their original undamaged packaging (a carefully opened package will not be considered damaged); (c) the product is complete: e.g. both items of a pair must be returned; You may not return: (a) products that are tampered with; (b) products which are personalized in any way; (c) product bought in shops other than rubyshoo.com website.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall rubyshoo.com be liable for any indirect, incidental or consequential damages of any kind, whether for breach of any warranty or otherwise. In no event shall our aggregate liability to you arising under or in any way related to your purchase order, the transaction to be entered into pursuant to it or these Terms and Conditions exceed the total amount paid by you for the products purchased. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing contained herein shall limit rubyshoo.com liability for death or personal injury arising out of its negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation.
You will cooperate fully with us and will provide all reasonable assistance in the event we recall any product(s). You shall notify us immediately if you know or suspect there is a possibility of products becoming or needing to become the subject of a recall.
rubyshoo.com shall not be liable for any damage as a result of any delay or failure to deliver due to any act of God, act of you, embargo or other governmental act, regulation or request, fire, accident, power outage, strike, slowdown or other labour difficulties, war, riot, act of terrorism, delay in transportation, defaults of common carriers, inability to obtain necessary labour, materials or manufacturing facilities or, without limiting the foregoing, any other delays beyond rubyshoo.com's control. In the event of any such delay the approximate indicated date of delivery shall be extended for a period equal to the time lost because of the delay. Your exclusive remedy for other delays and for rubyshoo.com's inability to deliver for any reason, shall be cancellation of your order for such products upon provision to rubyshoo.com of written notice to that effect. To cancel a web order, please call or email customer service within 2 hours with your order number and a description of the action to be taken. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org by phone 0845 2704980.
Intellectual Property Rights
The rubyshoo.com logo, all product names, all page headers, all custom graphics, all button icons, all trademarks, service marks and logos appearing on this Website, unless otherwise noted, are service marks, trademarks (whether registered or not) and/or trade dress of rubyshoo.com (the "Marks"). All other trademarks, product names, company names, logos, service marks and/or trade dress mentioned, displayed, cited or otherwise indicated on the Website are the property of their respective owners. You are not authorized to display or use the Marks in any manner without our prior written permission. You are not authorized to display or use trademarks, product names, company names, logos, service marks and/or trade dress of other owners without the prior written permission of such owners. You shall not tamper, alter, detract from or otherwise change any of the Marks on the products. We retain all intellectual property rights in the products and you undertake that you shall do nothing which may damage, detract from or otherwise harm rubyshoo.com's ownership in and/or the value of such intellectual property rights. The use or misuse of the Marks or other trademarks, product names, company names, logos, service marks and/or trade dress or any other materials contained herein, except as permitted herein, is expressly prohibited.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions and the transactions governed by these Terms and Conditions shall be exclusively governed by the laws of England, and you agree to submit to non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. If you have any questions regarding these Terms & Conditions, you may refer to our FAQs page or e-mail us at email@example.com. You may also contact us at: rubyshoo.com Mercury House Lea Road Waltham Abbey Essex EN9 1AT 0845 2704980.
The Ruby Shoo Gift Voucher is available for purchase online at www.rubyshoo.com and via the Customer Services Team.
The Ruby Shoo Gift Voucher can be used to purchase goods online at www.rubyshoo.com and via the Customer Services Team.
Gift Vouchers are not redeemable in any retail outlets or concessions that stock Ruby Shoo.
The minimum amount to activate The Ruby Shoo Gift Voucher is £5 and the maximum amount that can be on a card is £1000.
You can check the balance of your card or voucher online or via Customer Services on 0808 164 6042.
When you use The Ruby Shoo Gift Voucher, the amount of your purchase or amount of your choice will be deducted from the balance on the card. Change will not be given. The balance may be applied to future purchases.
When returning goods purchased with a Gift Voucher, Ruby Shoo will refund the balance back onto the original Gift Voucher.
Gift Vouchers purchased online are required to be purchased separately from other products on the website.
The Ruby Shoo Gift Voucher is valid for a period of 12 months from the date of issue. If the Ruby Shoo Gift Voucher is not used for a period of 12 consecutive months - the card will automatically expire at the end of that period and the balance on the card will be forfeited.
Ruby Shoo reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions and/or discontinue the voucher at any time. This does not affect your statutory rights.
The Ruby Shoo Gift Voucher cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash.
The Ruby Shoo Gift Voucher is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Only one Ruby Shoo Gift Voucher can be used per transaction, should you hold multiple vouchers you can request the balances be combined by contacting Customer Services on 0808 164 6402.
Please treat this voucher as cash. Ruby Shoo will not accept any liability for lost, stolen or damaged vouchers.
Competition Terms & Conditions
The competitions that we run are subject to the following rules (unless otherwise specified):
- Prizes are subject to availability
- No purchase is necessary.
- Only one entry is permitted per household via online route of entry, and no bulk or third party entries are permitted.
- We shall disqualify any entries which, in our reasonable opinion, appear to have used any of these entry methods including multiple entries from the same IP address or telephone number, unless the Specific Rules state that multiple entries are permitted.
- Competitions are open to all (over the age of 18 in alcohol, tobacco or travel-related competitions, and in other cases as stated) except our employees, the companies or organisations with whom the competition or offer is being run, their agents, or anyone directly connected with the promotion.
- Proof of entry will not be accepted as proof of receipt of entry.
- If we run a competition or offer with a promoter where that promoter is responsible for the provision of the offer or prizes then GH Warner Footwear plc will not be responsible for or have any liability for the provision of those offers or prizes.
- GH Warner Footwear plc and any associated promoters, bear no responsibility for any entry which is incorrectly submitted, lost, damaged, incomplete or received after the closing date.
- We reserve in all cases the right to replace the stated prizes with other prizes that we consider to be of broadly equivalent value. We offer no cash alternative for non-cash prizes. Prizes are not refundable or transferable.
- The winner may be required to sign a statement proving their eligibility/liability.
- The closing date for receipt of entries is as stated for each individual competition. The winner(s) will be drawn at random from all valid entries, and will be notified by email within two weeks of the closing date.
- Should the Promoter be unable to contact a winner within 14 days of the closing date or otherwise specified, or if a winner is unable to accept the prize, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to an alternative winner, drawn in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Detail of the winner(s) can be obtained by sending a SAE marked with the name of the competition to Marketing, GH Warner Footwear plc, Mercury House, Lea Road, Waltham Abbey, ESSEX EN9 1AT within 21 days of the closing date of the promotion.
- Details of all entries will be kept on a database but will only be passed to third parties to enable analysis or the processing of the competition and prize fulfillment unless you specifically allow the data to be shared. This is the only occasion when another organisation apart from GH Warner Footwear plc will have access to your information. Data will only be shared with the competition partner when you consent to it by ticking the box on an offer or competition. The sponsor will be clearly named in the text next to the tick box and if the box is not ticked your data will not be shared.
- All entrants to competitions and offers are deemed to have accepted these rules and agree to be bound by them, and agree to co-operate in any publicity that may arise which may include their name or image being used on websites or social media at any time as a result of the competition.
- We reserve the right to disqualify or not award a prize to an entrant who in our opinion has not entered in to the spirit of these terms and conditions or the intention of the competition.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be selected at random from all correct entries.
- The promoter of any of our competitions reserves the right to exchange all of part of the prize to that of equal or greater value.
#showoffyourshoos Terms & Conditions
How does it work?
Ruby Shoos #showoffyourshoos carousal works with Instagram to re-display any picture on Instagram with the #showoffyourshoos or #rubyshoo tag. Images are moderated by the Ruby Shoo team for approval and then displayed on the website. Visitors to the Ruby Shoo website get to see how our most stylish customers are wearing our latest footwear and accessories, and by clicking on the link, can shop the look.
What if I don’t want you to use my picture?
By uploading your image with #showoffyourshoos or #rubyshoo we hope that you welcome us using your image on our website so our lovely customers can see how you have styled your Ruby Shoos. Although if you don’t want us to use it, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove it within 24 hours.
I posted on Instagram with #showoffyourshoos or #rubyshoo but I can’t see my image on the Ruby Shoo website?
Unfortunately, we can’t use every image posted on Instagram. We can’t use images that we deem to be offensive or inappropriate and if the image doesn’t feature a product from our current collection, then we can’t match it to the appropriate product page online for customers to shop.
Share to win a pair of Ruby Shoos
Simply include the tag #showoffyourshoos or #rubyshoo for your chance to win a pair of Ruby Shoos of your choice.
- One winner at the end of each completed month will be randomly selected and contacted by a member of the Ruby Shoo social media team to arrange the style and delivery
- The winner may select a style of Ruby Shoos up to the value of £69
- No purchase necessary
- There is no cash alternative to the stated prize and the administrator’s decision is final
- Ruby shoo reserves the right to publish names and locations of winners online
- Ruby shoo employees and their families are excluded
- Ruby Shoo reserves the right to withdraw this free prize draw at any time without notice
Spend £40 and get £10 off your next purchase of £50 or more offer.
How does it work?
- Simply spend over £40 at rubyshoo.com during the qualifying period.
- You will receive your order acknowledgement email as usual, but with a difference.
- On the email will be your unique discount code for £10 off your next order over £50.
- The code is valid from the date of purchase through to midnight on the 31st July 2018.
- Simply add this code at checkout and your discount will be applied should your order meet the requirements of the offer.
- Promotion code offer ends 23:59 13th May 2018.
- All unused codes become invalid at midnight on 31st July 2018.
- This is a strict offer based on a £40 spend. Should you return any items that result in the reduction of your purchase to less than £40, the rules state that the discount code will become invalid as you would fail to comply with the terms of the offer.
- Should a discount be used prior to the original orders return and the qualifying value is subsequently below the terms of the offer. Ruby Shoo reserves the right to deduct the £10 from any refund of the initial order.
- Codes have no real world monetary value.
- Ruby Shoo employees and their families are excluded.
#winapairofRubyShoos Terms & Conditions
How does it work?
- Simply follow @RubyShooFashion on Twitter
- Tag 2 friends on the #winapairofRubyShoos tweet
- For a chance to win all tagged friends must be following the @RubyShooFashion account
- The winner will be selected at random and contacted via Twitter direct message
- The winner will get one pair of shoes of their choice
- Ruby Shoo reserves the right to publish names and locations of winners online
- Competition ends @ 23.59 on 30.5.18